Young Swiss abroad receive personal counselling on the topic of education in Switzerland.
Every year, the staff of educationsuisse receives numerous inquiries from Swiss citizens abroad or from their relatives and friends in Switzerland. Most questions concern scholarship opportunities and university studies. However, educationsuisse also receives a wide variety of questions about vocational training, finding an apprenticeship, accommodation, insurance and the language skills required. What often becomes apparent: Due to the rather high cost of living in Switzerland, financing an education can be a problem, but a solution can always be found.
The specific service of educationsuisse offers free advice and support in the search for suitable education or training solutions:
- Information relating to different educational options as university studies or vocational training
- Information relating to specific questions regarding admission requirements, required language skills, deadlines, accommodation, insurances, etc.
- Individual counselling onsite in Bern or online on the topic «education in Switzerland»
- Vocational and study counselling in cooperation with a professional career counselling provider (fee-based)
- Assistance in applying for cantonal scholarship and administrative support
- Financial help (grants/loans) from educationsuisse and private foundations
The educationsuisse staff speaks English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. They will be glad to help and answer questions about ‘Education in Switzerland’ via e-mail, telephone, Skype or onsite in Bern.