It is our objective to live solidarity and to be there for the Swiss around the world. We are “Your Switzerland Abroad”.
With your membership, you’ll support the mission of Soliswiss and show solidarity with Swiss citizens living abroad. You’ll also benefit from professional support: We assist our members in critical crisis situations worldwide with our “Plan b” package and can provide members with a lump sum compensation of up to CHF 10’000 in case you lose your economic livelihood due to political reasons. You’ll also get access to information and professional advice as well as to a variety of products and services, specifically tailored to your needs.
- Protection in crisis situations when traveling for a maximum of 90 days with the Plan b, and the option to upgrade to a year-round protection in your country of residency as well.
- Possibility to receive a lump sum compensation in case of loss of your economic livelihood due to political reasons. The decision on the allocation of the lump sum compensation is taken by the Executive Committee at their discretion.
- Free of charge information and advice for your questions concerning emigration, globe-trotting, or returning home.
- Access to products and services of Soliswiss and their partners, amongst others in the fields of asset management and insurance.
- Access to exclusive offers: With Soliswiss you may take out a third party liability insurance as a Swiss national abroad for yourself and your family.«visit@home» protects you when visiting Switzerland.
- Reduced rates: Soliswiss members have access to psychological support and legal assistance at a reduced rate. As a Soliswiss member you benefit from special conditions when procuring travel insurance.
- As a member you are entitled to attend the annual general assembly and you can play an active part in shaping the future of the cooperative.
Who is eligible for membership and how much does it cost?
Every Swiss citizen, in Switzerland and abroad, can join Soliswiss. In addition to individual membership, we offer special membership options for couples, families and companies.
Children can be included in the individual membership or couple membership free of charge until they reach the age of majority. For this purpose, the parents or guardians provide the names and dates of birth of the children.
The annual membership for individuals costs CHF 90. You can also opt for a lifelong membership for the amount of CHF 1’200.
If you so request, we include your children in your membership without additional costs until they come off age.
Since 2018, we have been offering a special couple’s rate. The couple’s rate is available for married couples, common-law partners and registered partnerships as well as for same-sex couples and costs 150CHF annually. The life long membership for couples costs CHF 2,200.-. Both partners have to be Swiss citizens.
Do you want to switch from the individual membership to the Couple’s Membership, just let us know.
At your request, we’ll include your children in your membership without additional costs until they come of age.
Are you a Swiss club or an association of Swiss citizens abroad? Or do you manage an organization in the area of development cooperation and/or are your employees working abroad permanently or part of the time?
Give your members and employees a valuable gift and send them abroad with protection. As Soliswiss members, your employees will benefit from our Plan b, which offers worldwide crisis protection, as well as from all other benefits included in the Soliswiss membership. In addition, membership gives you access to our helpful services in various areas. You can find out more about C&C membership here.
Let us know if you have any questions.
You can cancel your membership with a three-months notice towards every end of the year.
You do not want to become a member? Non-members are also very welcome at Soliswiss.
You want to support us without obligation? We are happy to receive your donation!